How to Cite
How to contact us
Selected publications from XIALAB related to small RNAs: h3>
(14) Hong Zhu#, Chengjie Chen#, Jun Zeng, Ze Yun, Yuanlong Liu, Hongxia Qu, Yueming Jiang, Xuewu Duan and Rui Xia*. MicroRNA528, a hub regulator modulating ROS homeostasis via targeting of a diverse set of genes encoding copper‐containing proteins in monocots. New Phytologist. doi.org/10.1111/nph.16130
(13) Chengjie Chen, Yuanlong Liu, Rui Xia*. Jack of many trades:The multifaceted role of miR528 in monocots. Molecular Plant. (2019) 12:1044-46
(12) Rui Xia*, Chengjie Chen, Suresh Pokhre, Wuqiang Ma, Kun Huang, Parth Patel, Fuxi Wang, Jing Xu, Zhongchi Liu, Jianguo Li & Blake C. Meyers*. 24-nt reproductive phasiRNAs are broadly present in angiosperms. Nature Communications (2019) 10:627
(11) Chengjie Chen, Zaohai Zeng, Zongrang Liu, Rui Xia. Small RNAs, emerging regulators critical for the development of horticultural traits. Horticulture Research (2018) 5:63.
(10) Wuqiang Ma, Chengjie Chen, Yuanlong Liu, Ming Zeng, Blake C. Meyers, Jianguo Li*, and Rui Xia*. Coupling of microRNA-directed phasiRNA generation from long noncoding genes with alternative splicing and alternative polyadenylation in small RNA-mediated gene silencing. New Phytologist 2017, 217(4):1535-1550.
(9) Rui Xia, Jing Xu, Blake C. Meyers*. The emergence, evolution, and diversification of the miR390-TAS3-ARF pathway in land plants. The Plant Cell, 2017, 29(6):1232-1247.
(8) Yu Zhang, Rui Xia, Hanhui Kuang and Blake C. Meyers*. The diversification of plant NBS-LRR defense genes directs the evolution of microRNAs that target them. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 2016, 33(10):2692-705.
(7) Rui Xia, Jing Xu, Siwaret Arikit, Blake Meyers*. Extensive families of miRNAs and PHAS Loci in Norway spruce demonstrate the origins of complex phasiRNA networks in seed plants. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 2015, 32(11):2905-18.
(6) Han Zhang*, Rui Xia, Blake C. Meyers, Virginia Walbot. Evolution, functions and mysteries of plant ARGONAUTE proteins. Current Opinion in Plant Biology, 2015, 27:84-90.
(5) Rui Xia#, Songqing Ye#, Zongrang Liu, Blake C. Meyers, Zhongchi Liu*. Novel and recently evolved miRNA clusters regulate expansive F-box gene networks through phasiRNAs in wild diploid strawberry. Plant Physiology, 2015, 169(1):594-610.
(4) Siwaret Arikit, Rui Xia, Atul Kakrana, Kun Huang, Jixian Zhai, Zhe Yan, Oswaldo Valdés-López, Silvas Princee, Theresa A. Musket, Henry T. Nguyen, Gary Stacey, Blake C. Meyers*. An atlas of soybean small RNAs identifies phased siRNAs from hundreds of coding genes. The Plant Cell, 2014, 26(12):4584-601.
(3) Qili Fei, Rui Xia, Blake C. Meyers*. Phased, secondary siRNAs in post-transcriptional regulatory networks. The Plant Cell, 2013, 25: 2400-2415.
(2) Rui Xia, Blake C. Meyers, Zhongchi Liu, Eric P. Beers, Songqing Ye, Zongrang Liu*. MicroRNA superfamilies descended from miR390 and their roles in secondary small interfering RNA biogenesis in eudicots. The Plant Cell, 2013, 25:1555-1572.
(1) Rui Xia, Hong Zhu, Yongqiang An, Eric P Beers and Zongrang Liu*. Apple miRNAs and tasiRNAs with novel regulatory networks. Genome Biology, 2012, 13:R47.